Kalyves Beach Hotel is beautifully nestled in the picturesque village of Kalyves, a little charming village preserving its authentic character and natural beauty. Prepare to enjoy your holidays in a place where nature and tradition go hand in hand, where the river and sea meet the mountains and the pace of everyday life is simply paused.
Set on the side of Souda Bay in the region of Apokoronas, next to the river Xidas, the quaint village of Kalyves is considered as one of the best seaside resorts in Chania, Crete. The Xidas river, passing through as well as the mesmerizing beach of Kalyves create the perfect setting for relaxing holidays far from the crowds. Experience the authentic way of island living as you stroll through the streets of the village and you pass by its central square with the traditional shops, cafes and restaurants. Visit the nearby villages of Almyrida, Plaka, Kokkino Horio, Armeni, Nio Horio, Stylos, Gavalochori and discover the archaeological site of Aptera. Test your limits with a great range of water sports offered at the beach or set off on a rafting trip from Armeni. Explore the greater region of Apokoronas and enjoy a nature walk along Kiliaris river, visit St. John at Platanakia, Ombrosgialos in Cape Drapano, the traditional Vamos Village and Vrisses Village as well as Kournas Lake. Whichever way you wish to go the scenic landscapes and authentic settlements will take your breath away!
- Chania port (Souda): 9 km
- Chania centre: 17 km
- Chania airport: 29,5 km
- Rethymno town & port: 43 km
- Heraklion town, port & airport: 120 km
- Bus stop: 10 meters (bus schedules available at reception)
- Almyrida beach and village: 3 km
- Traditional villages nearby with tavernas, restaurants, with locally produced goods: Almyrida, Plaka, Kokkino Horio Kalyves, Armeni, Nio Horio, Stylos.
- Inland village and archaeological site: Aptera
- Rafting: begins at Armeni and ends at Kiani beach
- Watersports: available at Kiani Beach Resort
Kalyves Beach Hotel has different types of rooms (doubles, twins, triples, quadraples and interconnecting rooms) :
- Satellite tv
- Safety box
- Hair dryer
- Shower or Bath
- Direct phone line
Kalyves Beach Hotel Facilities
Kalyves Beach Hotel offers a haven for relaxation and rejuvenation for both children and adults. Guests are welcome to enjoy their swim in one of the two outdoor pools, the indoor pool as well as the awarded Blue Flag beach while their children safely splash around the specially designed kids pool.
As fitness is the key to a healthy life, Kalyves Beach Hotel offers a great range of sports and fitness activities that will enhance the stamina of its guests and boost their energy. From scuba diving, to body training, Zumba, Pilates, aqua aerobics and stretching sessions the choice is yours.
Partake in several entertainment and fitness programs and test your skills at Billiards and Table Tennis or keep up with your fitness regime at our mini-spa featuring an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and gym equipment.
Entertainment never ends at Kalyves Beach Hotel as it offers travellers a wide array of live events, shows and evening programs that will fill their heart with joy. Dance to the tunes of our guest DJs, let our Magicians lure you in their illusions, learn how to Greek dance or belly dance and sing Karaoke with your family and friends.
If you are travelling with children, we assure you that your kids are about to enjoy themselves more than you can possibly imagine. Our Kids’ Club and Mini Disco offer a great range of activities including face painting, treasure hunting, pool games and a breadth of other entertainment options that will keep the smile on your children’s face throughout the day while giving you time to relax. Kids’ entertainment is offered twice a week but there are plenty of other activities for children to enjoy at the hotel.
While your children safely play at the kids’ club under the supervision of our professionals you are given the opportunity to take a break, enjoy a swim in the pool, submerge in the Jacuzzi and mini-spa or work out at the gym. Take a stroll on the beach or relish a romantic dinner under the stars.
Kalyves Beach Hotel also offers a wide selection of excursions for everyone to enjoy as well as hiking and trekking adventures giving you the chance to explore the picturesque villages of Crete, its blessed nature and rivers.
For those combining business with leisure there is no better place to be than Kalyves Beach Hotel as it can organize for you any kind of meeting, conference or event in designated areas fitted with high-tech equipment to ensure the smooth running of any business.
Whatever the reason you are visiting for, one thing is certain, we will make sure that you will always remember your holidays at Kalyves Beach Hotel!
- Swimming pool
- Sun beds & umbrellas by the pool and on the beach free of charge
- Buffet restaurant
- Beach Bar
- Gym, Sauna, Jacuzzi massage therapies
- Daily animation program (aqua aerobic, mini disco, children games, evening happenings)
- Children’s facilities – Playground
- Doctor on call
- TV lounge
- Children amenities like strollers-highchairs in the restaurant-walkie talkies-baby bath in room-baby cot in room – sterilizers
- Free Wi-Fi
- Close to bus station
- Express Check Out Service
- Breakfast is Served Between 7:15 -10:30
- Early Breakfast Upon Request
- Laptop and tablet Rental For Use from Guests
- Internet Corner
- Breakfast Service In The Room With Extra Charge
- Library With A Wide Selection Of Books & Reading Material
- Private Transfers Towards And From The Airports And Ports Of Crete
- 24 hour Room Service With Extra Charge
- Afternoon Housekeeping Service
- Towel Change Service Upon Request
- Business Center with secretarial support on request
- Baby Cot Upon Request
- Hotel Wake Up Service Upon Request
- Play Room With Billiards And Games With Extra Charge
- Central Safe At The Reception On Extra Charge
- 24 hour Reception
- Luggage Room
- Luggage transfer service
- Provide food or breakfast to customers in special packages if requested
- Dry Cleaning Service On Extra Charge
Enjoy the most scrumptious delights from the Cretan and International gastronomy on our restaurant’s open air veranda while taking in the miraculous views of the river and sea. Let our chefs prepare for you the most delectable flavours with locally produced ingredients and inspirations from the international cuisine. Whether wishing to enjoy a rich breakfast with free fresh orange juice produced with organic oranges, a delicious lunch or a candlelit dinner under the veil of stars, the buffet restaurant of Kalyves Beach Hotel is the choice for you. If you are craving a light snack or you wish to enjoy your meal on the beach, choose your favourite option from our a la carte menu along with a refreshing drink from the bar and taste the day away by the echoing sound of the waves!
At Kalyves Beach restaurant:
During meals unlimited amount of local beverages like: fresh water (tab water available on key locations
of restaurant and beach bar), soft drinks (from soda fountain), beer, house wine (red & white), ouzo, raki, condensed juices or fresh orange juice produced with organic oranges.
At Kalyves Beach Pool Bar:
An unlimited amount of local alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages plus filter coffee, herbal teas and tap water will be served.
OPENING HOURS FOR THE ALL – INCLUSIVE BAR
Beach Bar: 11:00 – 23:00h. After 23:00h all drinks will be paid on special prices for our guests.